EISI 2017 – 4th Information Systems Innovation Meeting
This event is part of the 13th Brazilian Symposium on Information Systems (SBSI 2017)
Organized by the Federal University of Lavras (UFLA)
Promoted by the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC)
June 5-8, 2017 – Lavras, MG, Brazil
• Paper submission deadline:
March 6 2017 March 13 2017
March 27 2017 April 03 2017
• Camera ready submission deadline:
April 17 2017 April 24 2017
The Brazilian Symposium on Information Systems (SBSI) is an annual event that focuses on the presentation of scientific papers as well as the discussion of relevant issues in the Information Systems (IS) area, bringing together students, researchers and professionals that work on the area. SBSI program includes technical sessions, talks, short courses, panels and workshops.
The Information Systems Innovation Meeting (EISI 2017) is a proposal of SBSI with the purpose of providing the contact, discussion and points of view alignment between problems and new solutions found by the industry and society and the scientific community research topics, with respect to modeling, development, usage and management of IS.
In this 4th edition, EISI focus is on the sharing of industry and academia experiences on the development of innovation initiatives, specially with respect to the theme “Innovation in Participatory Digital Governance”. By panels, short course, talks and table discussions, the 4th EISI intends to cover subjects like intellectual property, patents, process of industry-academia joint-development and credit lines.
The EISI also intends to advance in the establishment of a common view of innovation themes and strategic challenges in IS for better defining investments in industry, government and scientific community. Therefore, experiences’ reports on innovation in IS (dealing with the main themes and challenges in the area) will be selected from industry or academia. These themes and challenges were identified based on the most important Brazilian programs for scientific and technological development fomentation (e.g., TI-Major, Post-graduation National Program, Big Challenges on Computer Science) and the views and social/international market tendencies (Gartner Hype Cycle). Accepted papers will be presented and discussed at panels that will occur as part of the event.
Submitted papers must strongly consider the following subjects (not limited to):
• Innovations in systems of systems, smart cities and cyberphysical systems.
• Innovative information systems for the open world: cyberdemocracy, governability, citizenship and participation.
• Information systems applied to open innovation.
• Innovations for the interoperability of information systems.
• Interdisciplinary approaches for innovation in Information Systems.
• Innovative information systems based on Big Data and Data Science.
• Innovations in information systems based on wearable Technologies.
• Innovations in information systems based on autonomous systems.
• Information Systems and innovative business models based on 3D printing.
• Innovation in multi-language systems.
• Innovations in information systems based on virtual reality.
• Information systems, sustainability and new energy sources.
• Innovative information systems for Biotechnology.
• Innovations in information systems for Education.
• Innovations in information systems aiming security and privacy.
• Innovative information systems based on IoT applied to smart environments.
• Innovations in Human-Computer Interaction in information systems.
• Innovations in information systems based on affective computing.
Papers describing experience reports submitted to EISI are limited to 4 pages, including figures, tables, references, and so on. Some additional requirements must also be considered:
• Papers can be written in Portuguese (an abstract in English is additionally required, in this case) or English;
• Papers must be in accordance to the ACM formatting guidelines ( http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template) The only accepted format is PDF;
• Papers must present, in a clear way, the context of the experience report, including lessons learned and results;
• The selection of papers will be based on the program committee members’ reviews. A double-blind review will be accomplished and each paper will be analyzed by at least two reviewers. Besides paper header, any bibliographic reference that identifies paper provenance must be removed from paper submission version, like authors’ names, project names, tools and citations that identify authors, and must be replaced by “removed for double-blind review.”. These information will only be included in the camera-ready version, in case of paper acceptance;
• Submissions must be directed to the track “SBSI 2017 – EISI” of the SBC JEMS system https://jems.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=2700 Submissions not in PDF format, and papers that exceed the page limits or do not respect the formatting guidelines will not be considered.
Accepted papers will be published in a specific section of the SBSI 2017 proceedings and are conditioned to the registration of one of their authors. A registration allows the publication of only one paper. Additional accepted papers require additional registrations. Selected papers must be presented and discussed at the meeting panels.
EISI 2017 chairs
André Zambalde (UFLA)
Renata Araujo (UNIRIO)