WTDSI 2017 – 10th Workshop on IS PhD and Master’s Thesis
• Paper submission deadline:
March 20 2017 April 03 2017
• Notification: April:
April 10 2017 April 24 2017
• Camera ready submission deadline:
April 19 2017 May 07 2017
The Brazilian Symposium on Information Systems (SBSI) is an annual event that focuses on the presentation of scientific papers as well as the discussion of relevant issues in the Information Systems area, bringing together students, researchers and professionals that work on the area. IS research is a multidisciplinary issue that includes computer science, math, information science, business, management, and organizational behavior. Technological solutions related to the application of IS in several domains is the main concern of this event.
The Workshop on IS PhD and Master’s Thesis (WTDSI 2017) is a forum dedicated to the presentation and discussion of IS-related works being developed in Brazilian Postgraduate Programs. The purpose of WTDSI is to provide a nice time for the discussion of the works, as well as to allow students and get some feedback of their works from expert IS researchers.
Participants will have access to a comprehensive panorama of the Brazilian IS research. The idea is to stimulate the integration and cooperation of IS researchers, and, at the same time, to give more visibility to the ongoing researches to the academic and industrial communities.
Papers to be submitted to WTDSI 2017 must be ongoing works. Concluded works or researches in a final stage of development will not be accepted. It is possible to submit a paper to WTDSI 2017 even if the authors intend to submit an extended version of the same work to other SBSI tracks or workshops.
Authors must submit two documents:
1. A Research Form with a brief description of the work Research Form WTDSI (In Portuguese).
2. A paper (an extended abstract) limited to 3 pages for Master’s Thesis ongoing works, and 4 pages for PhD Thesis ongoing works. It must respect the ACM formatting guidelines (http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template). and present, in a clear way, the contributions, as well as the problems and domains/environments on which it is suitable to. The following structure is suggested to the paper: Introduction, Problem description, Proposed solution, Project of the solution evaluation, Concluded activities and Conclusion.
Papers and research forms can be written in Portuguese or English. Both documents must be in PDF format. Submissions not in PDF format, and papers that exceed the page limits or do not respect the formatting guidelines will not be considered. Submissions must be directed to the track “WTDSI 2017” of the SBC JEMS system (https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/).
Presentation and publication
Accepted papers will be published in a specific section of the SBSI 2017 proceedings and are conditioned to the registration, in the “postgraduate” category, of the student. Selected papers must be presented by the students during the workshop. At this time, the students will receive feedback from an examination board composed by expert IS researchers, as well as possible feedback from the audience. An active participation between students and professors is expected with the purpose of highlighting future works.
Best paper award
The WTDSI 2017 will award the best Master´s Thesis proposal and the best PhD Thesis proposal. The selection of the best proposals will be conducted by a committee composed by members of program committee.
Topics of interest for WTDSI 2017
The suggested topics of interest for WTDSI 2017 are the same ones suggested to the main track of SBSI 2017 as follows:
• IT and business strategy alignment
• Corporative architecture
• IS software architecture
• Open, mobile and distributed architectures
• Service and reuse-oriented architectures
• Social and human aspects in IS
• Datawarehousing and OLAP
• E-business and e-commerce
• Enterprise IS (EIS) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
• Strategies for IS and new business models
• Education in IS
• Requirements engineering
• Fundamentals of IS
• Mathematical fundamentals for IS
• Quality support for IS
• Information security management
• Organizational learning and knowledge management
• People management in IS
• Process management in IS (management methodologies, process repositories, process modeling, social BPM, knowledge-intensive process, process adaptation, context-sensitive process)
• IT governance
• Integration of corporative applications
• Human-computer interaction (HCI) in IS
• Methodologies and approaches for IS engineering
• Social media
• Conceptual modeling of IS
• Development paradigms for IS (agents, aspects, models, MDD, components, formal methods, features, TDD, agile methods, among others)
• Operational research and system modeling
• Strategic planning of systems and IT
• Information preservation and digital memory
• Business information representation, data and metadata management in the organizations, ontologies
• Web services
• Intelligent IS (intelligent agents, genetic algorithms, machine learning, data mining, formal methods, ontologies, automatized reasoning, neural networks, knowledge representation)
• IS for Government (transparency, open data, interoperability, governmental ecosystems)
• Simulation of systems in organizations
• Decision support systems
• General systems theory
• IS verification and validation
WTDSI 2017 chairs
Rita Suzana Pitangueira Maciel (UFBA)
Paulo Afonso Parreira Júnior (UFLA)